Agri - Timelines
Management of insect pests: Following schedule of pesticides is recommended for the management of different insect pest of citrus.
1st spray (March-April) Malathion 0.05% or Nuvacron 0.05% for citrus psylla and Endosulfan 0.01% for lemon butterfly
2nd spray (June-July) Malathion or Dimecron or Nuvacron as above for mealy bugs, aphids, white fly and scale insects.
A regular surveillance for trunk borer during July – August is essential. Incase of observation of new fros near the tree trunks/ branches, clean the tunnel with an iron wire, insert a cotton swab soaked in Nuvan / Nuvacron/Petrol and plug the hole with mud or cow dung.
3rd Spray September-October, repeat 2nd spray for above insects. Apply Sevin 5% dust in tree basins and mix thoroughly in the soil. Remove webbing of bark eating caterpillars and treat the hole as recommended for trunk borer.
Management of diseases:
Scab, powdery mildew, anthracnose / die back, gummosis and greasy spot are most frequently observed diseases of Khasi mandarin in the region. Following schedule is recommended for the management of various diseases.
I. December - January
- Dead and diseased twigs, branches should be pruned off and burnt or buried deep under the soil.
- Application of Bordeaux paste on tree trunk up to 60 cm height from the ground level as well as on pruning cut ends.
- Scarification of weeping wounds (gummosis) along with dead portion and pasting of Bordeaux paint.
- Spray application of 1.0% Bordeaux mixture on the trees.
II. March – April
Single spray of Bavistin (0.1%) + Nuvacron 0.1% coinciding with the new flushes for the control of scab, powdery mildew, leaf miner and aphids. After a fortnight, spray application of Bordeaux mixture (1.0%) / Blitox (0.25%) / Captafol (0.2%) for the control of anthracnose, twig blight or leaf spot diseases.
- May – June – Repeat operation II
- July – August - Repeat operation II